Jan Knode

Jan Knode
at the March 26, 2011 wedding

Thursday, August 4, 2011

No. 1 Consumer of Yarn in Northern Virginia



As my sister said, "Now that scarf Jan made me will be even more special!" And I thought, Oh My God, no one has mentioned the Knode Knitting Syndrome. Jan's hands were rarely still. If they weren't holding a book, they most likely had knitting needles in them. The picture here is of Jan knitting two years ago at the Frank Lloyd Wright Duncan House in Pennsylvania which I rented for Frank's 60th birthday that year.

I can't tell you how many scarves we have. I piled the ones I found first together and photographed them for the second photo here together with the two caps she knit for our frozen January vacation in Vermont that same year. That's the same trip for which Brian made us Shackleton Wear out of building insulation!

Many,. many, many people own the gifts of Jan's hands. Skilled, loving, talented hands

1 comment:

  1. GOD BLESS YOU MS. JAN....I miss you so much and all of the talks we had together...the smile you put on my face everytime we talked (even when I was down) will NEVER be forgotten...I loved you so much as you ALWAYS made me feel like a I was a part of the family....may you rest your beautiful hands and soul in heaven cause I know GOD's taking real good care of you right now...until we meet again...Love Always, Christine Benson

    ReplyDelete